It’s getting to that time of year when a bit of festive fun is certainly the order of the day and to help get things rolling, we have set up a little light-hearted competition to celebrate the work of our floorlaying friends. Testing these highly skilled and often unsung brains of the trade, we have set up the following music based quiz.
Song titles can often be interpreted in different ways from person to person, and this lead us to think about our own industry. What we are looking for are Song Titles or Band or Artist Names which relate to the art of flooring installation.
We are going to kick things off with a couple of examples to help steer you in the right direction, but we’ve no doubt that you’ll come up trumps with some real winners. You may want to think about the tools used, the flooring material, the action of installing or the finished result; which leaves it wide open for a huge number of possibilities, the choice is simply yours.
You can send your ideas to us in a number of ways, across our social media platforms:
Reply to this blog – Fill in the ‘Leave a Reply’ box at the foot of this post.
Twitter – Tweet your answers to @Polyflorltd (please include #flooringmusicquiz)
Facebook – Post your answer on our page at www.facebook.com/Polyflorltd
We will update this post with the best suggestions, so put your thinking caps on and get creative! You never know, Santa may even visit those who post the better suggestions with a little treat!!
Let the flooringlaying fun begin:
1. Orange Juice – Rip it up and start again
2. Oasis – Roll with it
3. Lionel Richie – Stuck on you
4. Bryan Adams – Cuts like a knife
5. Bernard Cribbins – Right Said Fred (and so we had a cuppa tea). Thanks Stephen McLaughlin… we would never suggest floorfitters break for tea!
6. Eric Clapton – Lay Down Poly. It’s actually ‘Sally’ but we love how Get Laid Flooring suggested this one via Twitter, very creative.
7. Madonna – Into the groove. Thanks again to Get Laid Flooring for this clever shout
8. Lino Richie – Hello (is it me you’re looking floor). Thanks to our very own Martin Fletcher & Gordon Bowden suggesting this. It’s actually taken from a flooring contractor, Richard McKinlay Ltd who has it on his van!
9. Jennifer Lopez- On the floor. Well done Gordon Bowden, we were waiting for that one
Here’s a couple more to keep the creative juices flowing:
10. Europe – The vinyl countdown. Sorry!
11. Bryan Ferry – Let’s stick together. Of course
10. Men Without Hats – The Safety Dance. Thanks to Winston from our sister company James Halstead France
11. Velvet Underground – I’m Sticking With You. Another good one, Winston
12. Grateful Dead – To lay me down. Excellent suggestions, Winston
13. Dobie Grey – Out on the floor. For all you Northern Soul fans.
14. Led Zeppelin – Killing floor. Or Howlin’ Wolf for the original!
15. Nickelback – Flat on the floor. A little more obscure… we agree
A couple of adhesive based ones now…
16. Prince – Sticky like glue. No, us neither!
17. Morrissey – Glamorous glue. Well, it would be
18. Bread – down on my knees. Perfect!
Now for two winners…
19. Cat Stevens – The first cut is the deepest. We know, so obvious now
20. Bryan Adams – Cuts like a knife. Surely this can’t be beaten!?
OK, one more…
21. Bobby Darin – Mack the Knife. Classic!
22.Kings of Leon – Camaro. How did we miss that one? Thanks Marcus
…keep them coming.